Rainbow Bridges, ORAM’s newest publication, shares the rare experience gained by ORAM during its yearlong pilot program assisting resettled LGBTI refugees in the San Francisco Bay Area. The refugees assisted had fled torture, severe harassment, and even execution in their countries of origin.
The guide is a treasure trove for individuals and organizations looking to lend their strength to victims of global homophobic violence by directly assisting in their U.S. integration. Rainbow Bridges includes:
- Ways to secure U.S. admission for a refugee who is still overseas
- Steps to build support systems for refugees among LGBTI and queer-friendly communities
- Suggestions on providing a warm welcome to refugees during their first crucial months in the U.S.
- Tips on safe and affordable housing for LGBTI refugees
- Suggestions on how helping refugees can strengthen communities immeasurably
You can download the report here.